I enjoy reading and I love to discuss the books I read. This page is my space to talk about it. I have read many reviews in which the reviewer talks about almost the entire book, like a synopsis of the whole story. I don’t appreciate such reviews. A review should be an analysis but not a summary. If the reviews disclose the suspense or the climax, then what’s the thrill in reading the book? For me a review, positive or otherwise, it should stir the reader’s curiosity and make them decide on their own whether to read or skip. In my book review, I tell the story in one line or two, talk about my favorite characters and say what I liked and what disappointed me. Which makes it obvious, that I don’t like to give away the suspense. So this is how I share my views on the books I read.
If you're approaching me for your book review, kindly do read my Book Review Policy before reaching out.
- Thriller is my first choice, but I'm open to other genres. However, I cannot promise to agree every review request I receive.
- I like paperbacks for reading, but I'll be happy to receive the Kindle format as well.
- While sending me the request for a review, make sure to attach the cover page, blurb and a sample chapter, preferably the first one.
- If I find the book or the plot is something that I can not do justice with the review, I'll likely to say No.
- Do not send any books before I agree for the review. If you dispatch/mail without informing me, I can’t assure the review.
- I usually take a week or two to read & review the book. But for other reasons if I take longer, you will be informed.
- I’m not assuring a good rating or review. My review will voice my opinion and what I feel after reading, both the positive and otherwise.
- Besides the blog, I’ll also share the review in my blog’s Facebook page, Twitter handle, and Google+.
- I’ll also post review with the rating in the book's page on Amazon.in, Flipkart and Goodreads.
- I'm happy to host giveaways but I prefer not to ship giveaway books. The publisher/author should take the ownership.
- I appreciate if you share my review (tagging me, of course) in your social network.