3 Aug 2017

High Five - Happy Birthday, A Rat’s Nibble!


Wow. I am still here after five years. Alive and kicking.

This year no cake, as I am on diet. 
So join me for a Tea party!

Today, my blog celebrates its 5th birthday, but I am not sure what I felt when I first realized. Was I happy? Proud? Content? Accomplished? Or do I feel as if my life has changed? Well, I have gone through so much, learned a lot and applied what I have learnt in my journey.

I have changed for good. I am not like what I was 5 years ago. Personally and Bloggingly. I have learnt a great deal. The past 5 years marks a very important phase in my life history. Good, Bad, Beautiful, Ugly, Love, Betrayal - I have seen them all. Also, I believe I handled them in a balanced way. Alhamdulillah, for what I am today!

My blogging journey was quite accidental. Okay, umm, let me call it sort of a planned accident. But that's a happy one. When I look back at my initial days, I can see how naive I had been. But all the while, I am glad that my writings have entertained you, brought some smiles, spread some cheer. I can see my blog has changed over these years. However, I don't get to stay active as much I did in my earlier days, still I am loving it the same way.

Blog is where I let go of myself, my feelings, my happiness, my sorrow, and everything else. Here is where my loneliness turned into solitude. Here is where I regained my sanity. I have many hobbies but most of them are seasonal, but I understand my blog is not. It is much more than just a hobby. In this 5 year beautiful journey, blogging has evolved with me, allowed me to stretch my wings, and even helped me to establish my identity.

When I realized that I have written over 300 posts and shared some 200 plus photos in my Instagram handle, I am surprised as well as overwhelmed. From poetry to reviews, I have touched various topics.

To celebrate my five years of blogging, here are my five favorite posts, I would want you to read. They also happened to be the first post in its category. And they are close to my heart.

My first story - A Dreamer

My first photo post - The Minaret And The Moon

My first travel experience which was my 50th post as well. My Umrah Journal - Madinah

My first published story in an online magazine - Blessing Of Joy

Reading old posts and reminiscing the moments, that made me write them, make me relax. Five years. Phew! I feel like I have achieved something.

Give me a High 5 and join my tea party! Thank you so much for coming along and supporting me in my journey.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Here's to many more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 5th blog anniversary.Not all accidental bloggers continue blogging.Most bloggers leave even before the 1st year.So,you've done a great job.And keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blogversary! 5 years is a long time and an achievement in its own way! I like you little stories. Your photography too is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. High five! Congratulations. I am glad I bumped into you in this online world. More power and tea parties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations and Happy 5th Blog Anniversary! That is definitely an achievement that you should be proud of. I also loved your first photo story. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same year as my blog is also on it's 5th year coming 6th. But earlier than that, I already am blogging. It's just a tool on perfecting the craft. I mean, it's not perfect , even until now but it is more polished than before. Given that I do not have any tech skills of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartiest Congratulations on your blog 5th Anniversary.
    Keep Blogging. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. High Five to 5 years of actively blogging! This is definitely an achievement ! Keep on creating new post and kep on inspiring your readers! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blog, I think it is quite different concept but quite knowledgeable but I am aware with one more website which is famous for Free Classified Ads Posting Sites www.helpadya.com  www.helpadya.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. High five for fove years. And congratulations. I, too, feel the same way. Reading old blog entries, I I felt and seen I indeed improve.

    Here's to wishing that you reach more five years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep up the good work. Congrats on you r 5th year. I am also on the same year and I still remember how my blogging life started. That would be a separate story . I hope to celebrate my anniversary with a huge giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your blog anniversary! It's not easy to maintain a blog. There were many times when I was not able to update my blogs. It takes persistence to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...