13 Jul 2017

I Will Not Clean My Room ~ Children's Book Review


I promised to read this Children’s book and share my opinion but I took a longer time than I wanted to. Better late than never, right?!

Good books are the best companions. And I Will Not Clean My Room is one such book that will make a great company to the little ones.

When I received the book, the first impression was that why would a children's book have a title saying No. But once I read the book, I found the content very nice and colorful. Well, well, which kid would like to clean their room, after all? So, this rhyme book is a perfect gift to those who say 'I will not do it!'



Author - Saharish Arshad
Illustrator - Elsa Estrada


In this adorable book, little Musa’s mom asks him to clean his room. But he was bit lazy to do it and decides to imagine all the wonderful things that he is going to do in Jannah, along with his sister Leila.


The book is all about Musa's musings over the room cleaning, toys and chocolates along with good deeds, Jannah and love for Allah.

Children dream and imagine a lot, but they also should know the value of effort they put in to achieve their dreams. And that is what this book talks about. While at it, it also instills the love for our Creator. The book also rhymes about the importance of helping each other and working together as a family. The moral is clearly stated but in a fun way.

This is the first book in the series called ‘My Journey to Jannah’. The author has achieved what she wanted to convey. A simple idea and a great moral expressed in captivating illustrations. The drawings add rich color to the book. The illustrations are so vivid and the rhymes, simple and lovable.

A charming and colorful book to introduce your children and as a parent, this is a must have in your collection. I personally love stories and poems that rhyme. So I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and of course, loved reading it to my nephew. And he wants me to read it over and over again.


This amazing rhyming book is perfect for children who love to daydream while letting them learn that good deeds are really worth the effort.

Join little Musa as he dreams away!

This book is available on Amazon India.

Click the images for better resolution.

25 comments:

  1. Jazak Allah khair for the lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Saharish. Happy that you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. I love reading children's books as well and it helps if the book has rhymes as the kids would enjoy listening. And yes, those beautiful and colorful graphics would surely add to the fun in reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At home we love books.I always use books to convey messages to my kid.And it works.So,this sounds like a book worth reading with him.Also the illustrations look pretty and colourful too which attract kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is best to teach such good habits from young age. It will help them in later stages of life. And moreover it is easy to inculcate discipline in young minds. Loved the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review for an interesting book...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good book to read by kids....the pictures are looking wonderful....thank you for letting me know about the book....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! Loved the illustrations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love colorful books that tell a story.I find that children relate to the characters very well.In my case my daughter likes a book about going to the market.I'd love to have this book if only it was available here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds interesting children's book , nicely reviewed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Children's books are amazing and are suitable for all ages. That's why we can enjoy reading them, even now. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Keep visiting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book and lovely illustrations! Kids SHOULD dream and be creative, and it's cool that this book also allows them to realize the worth of effort at a young age. A lot of kids these days have become so spoiled by their parents that they no longer feel the need to exert effort into their goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cuteeee. This is the kind of book that I love to read when I was young. The photos, the colors and the message is very interesting! Children's books excite me until now. Thanks for sharing this. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, knowing that this book showcase and help the children understand the value of help to other children and people in General is such a great book to read for children. I like how you were able to elucidate in a concise manner about this book. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The book sounds interesting, I'd bet my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this review. I saw that this book was released recently but hadn't seen it from inside. Captivating illustrations and the rhyming would make it easy and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also love stories that rhyme..this sounds like a lovely book. #MuslimahBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw this looks like a lovely childrens' book. The illustrations are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a great book for Children ❤
    Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The title of the book is so interesting. Glad that writer are publishing such books now. We didn't have books like these during my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love bed time stories. I like reading stories to my son. I think it is a very effective way for him to learn some important values. Having that said, i am interested in this book. This can be the next for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it's a good book for people like me too. Imagination is the key in writing and with rhyming and moral, it makes a perfect book.

    ReplyDelete
  22. BaarakAllahu fih! Looks like a very beneficial book... It will make a great addition to every home/ class library. I love the rhyming concept.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...