8 Nov 2015

Any Monsters Under My Bed?! : Calvin And Me - III

Back from the park I crashed on the couch in my living room and glared at Calvin who was already there.

Me: What was that, you did in the park?

Calvin: Can’t you see, I had to dodge off Susie. She followed me and I blame your girlfriend for trying to expose me to this hazard.

Me: My girlfriend, huh. Calvin! I blame you. Nusie is still mad at me for presenting her with dead flowers and your so called “letter” did not do any magic on her either.

Calvin: Tell me what happened?

Me: She threw the flowers on my face and screamed, 'You giving me a bunch of dead flowers, you insensitive clod?'

Calvin: Sorry, ol’ buddy. At least she did notice that you like her.

Me: Do you think she noticed? I don’t know, I’m stuck again.

Calvin: We are brave men. The word “stuck” isn’t even in our vocabulary.

Me: How about the word “Stupid”?

Calvin: Well, you should know which side your bread is buttered on.

Me: Very well. You are the boss. I take it back. Tell me what to do now?

Calvin: You want me to come to your aid now?

Me: Yes, please!

Calvin: Then, I demand more privileges.

Me: And what's that?

Calvin: Promise me that you will take care of this Susie next time and also find Hobbes for me soon.

Me: Your demands accepted.

Calvin: Aren’t you going to sign this deed of privileges?

Me: No I’m not. I’m a man of my word.

Calvin: Okay, I honour your word. Now let’s get thinking about your Nusie.

Me: My Nusie. Eeeee! But, how do I engage her in a conversation? Give me a quirky idea, which doesn’t obviously show that I’m desperate.

Calvin: We boys always want to look like we are not desperate. That’s the best part. Now pay some attention.

Me: I’m listening.

Calvin: I’m hungry.

Me: No, you are not.

Calvin: Yes, I’m hungry.

He shouts at the peak of his toddler voice.

Me: Okay, okay. Let’s eat first.

Calvin: If you can’t win by reason, go for volume.

We walked into the kitchen and I took out a box which says “Easy to make Pancake Mix”. As I poured the contents into a big bowl,

Calvin: How many pancakes does this box make?

Me: The recipe says it makes twenty pancakes, so we’ll each get ten.

Calvin: Good. So, what are you doing?

Me: Adding two eggs and making the batter.

I got ready to pour the batter in the pan.

Calvin: Are you going to pour it one after the other?

Me: Yes, of course.

Calvin : Nah, that's too much trouble making twenty. We’ll just make one big pancake and cut it in half.

Me: Ah, I get the moral of saving time here. So as I make our pancakes, can you get back to the idea I was asking you about?

Calvin: Umm.. Call her out for a game of Bluff. Place a condition that if she loses, she has to come on a date with you. That’s it.

Me: What, a game of bluff? That’s not even an idea Calvin.

Calvin: You should give me a point for originality. I bet this will definitely work.

Me: I appreciate your confidence. But you know what, I don’t know how to play bluff game.

Calvin: Boy, I can see why that Nusie does not like you much.

Me: That’s the whole point, I want her to like me. Tell me how to play bluff.

Calvin: That I will teach you tonight. But first you should shoo away the monsters under my bed.

Me: Ew.. Monsters?! Didn’t you bring your flamethrower to torch them?

Calvin: Nope. That’s why I’m making you the bait.

Calvin shrugged and ate the pancake with maple syrup. After dinner we headed to the bedroom.

Me: Great! I’m a dead man. Even I’m scared of the monsters under the bed. But I’ve to do this for my Nusie.


To be continued...

Inspired by Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes

14 comments:

  1. I so love Clavin and Hobbes and your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to see you enjoying the series. Thanks Mridula :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank You Anjali. Keep visiting! :)

      Delete
  3. I wish the 'to be continued' didn't exist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Leena, It's going to be long before this series comes to an end. Continue Reading :P

      Delete
  4. oh no I hope no monsters existed under the bed .. and definitely anything for dear susie :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better be prepared for the monsters Bikram. You never know :P

      Delete
  5. This is by far the best post... You are getting good at comics too :) the dialogues are spontaneous !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akash. :) Keep reading.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...