6 Oct 2015

The Survival




I want to live. I want to live badly.

But it spread inside me. It consumed my body wholly. Yesterday I was well, but today I am fighting for my survival. I know spending this one night is going to be harder than ever. I am lying on my bed all alone. I couldn't raise my head. The pain is suffocating me. Nobody cares to be around. My bedside table is filled with medications. But if only I get an antidote. My heart started beating high, letting my body drench in sweat. I am not able to breathe. I want to live. I want to live badly. I heard a creaking noise. The door opened and my mother entered. As she sits near my dying body and brushes my hair,

'Amma, will I survive this?', my voice breaks.

'Dei, it's just a COLD!'

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the read, Purba :)

      Delete
  2. I would've forced tulsi chai down your throat to drown the morosness of the cold lolzzzz cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) best time to get pampered!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is... Thank you Deepak Ji :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. yeah, it is the worse short term illness. thanks for the read, Shayar :)

      Delete
  5. @ Rat

    My favorite from the list is "Engima"..but more than anything else Moon injecting the earth with rosy slumber is superb.

    Regards
    Amit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for surfning my posts... Keep visiting Amit :)

      Delete
  6. @Rat

    Great post i like the way you have explained

    Regards
    Shahid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Welcome to my space , Shahid :)

      Delete
  7. Oh this is so sweet. Amma would make sure the Rat is soon hale and hearty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that was one nice dramatic, thrilling read. I love your writing style.
    Btw, if you're cold next time try some Ginger tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the thrill.. I love Ginger Tea. :P
      Thanks Kish :)

      Delete
  9. I feeling thrill after reading this piece of text. This is called short but effective writing.
    Regard
    Radhika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Radhika for enjoying the thrill. welcome to my space. :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Caterpillar. Welcome to my burrow. Hope you enjoy my nibbles :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...