9 Dec 2013

Top Secret by Ashwin Kumar

Hey Rat,

I have readied a 'spoof' on your story 'Sshh.. Secret', with a 'twist'. I hope that you don't take this seriously as I prepared this just for fun..! :P

I have got this mail from one of my blogger friends ‘The Writer’ Ashwin of My World... My Words, who has written this short story with an extra twist in the tale based on my first 55 word story - Sshh.. Secret. I enjoyed reading his Top Secret even though the end was unfavorable to me. Then I asked him to let me have it as a guest post and so here it is. Thank you, Ashwin.

I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I did.


TOP SECRET

Jamie asked for the 100th time, ‘why big fuss... tell me your password?’
Rolled my eyes, I said ‘Don’t ask again. It’s secret’.
She frowned :-/ ‘As if it’s a top secret…’
‘No top secret baby… but let it remain secret’, I winked.
When she left, I smiled to myself and typed my system password…
sEcrEt.

To my surprise, it threw an error message ‘password invalid, please enter a valid password’

A few minutes earlier

Jamie asked for the 99th time, ‘tell me your password?’
I said, ‘It’s secret’.
Jamie sat there irritated while I left the place to purchase some groceries at the supermarket.

Meanwhile…

Jamie sat there staring at the computer. All she wanted to know was the password and she figured out a way to retrieve it. She rushed to her cupboard and found a disc which had ‘Windows 7 installation disc’ written on it. She opened the DVD drive and put the disc into it. She rebooted the system and made a quick reinstallation of the operating system. At the end of the installation a dialog box appeared asking to set the password. Jamie, with a smile on her face, typed ‘you don’t mess with me’ in the password box.

Present…

‘Password invalid, please enter a valid password’
sEcrEt

‘Password invalid, please enter a valid password’
sEcrEt

System crashed!! 


THE END

22 comments:

  1. Great job Ashwin..BT aRat's secret is nomore a secret nw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... yeah, it is no more a 'secret; now :P

      Delete
  2. Hey Rat, thanks for sharing this post.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [ Laughs ] Oh, I enjoyed that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha,ha,ha! You two! I enjoyed this a lot. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone's curious about passwords!
    Sad that the system crashed. When mine did, I lost some of my kid's pics & trip photos... When system crashes, even if we know the right password, no good!
    Nice story & creatively expressed, Meera :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tagged you for the PASS activity. Pl chk out my Post-
    http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2013/12/bollywood-stubble-songs-for-pass.html
    Do respond and let me know your acceptance & share the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks dear for the tag.. sure will join the chain soon, inshaallah :)

      Delete
  7. Haha, Amuses me with a smile :)
    Very nice! :)

    Just like this, I have written a short story. It would be very kind if you could review it :)
    http://captiveofthoughts.blogspot.in/2013/06/the-unfulfilled-promise-some-stories.html

    Because I believe, some stories are better left incomplete :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya somethings are better left unsaid... i sure will read your post. thanks for your lovely comment, Tanishq :)

      Delete
  8. @Arish @Sammya @Maniparna - Secret revealed nahin... but security breached and my system crashed... so unfair.. :'(

    thanks everyone for dropping by and am glad you all enjoyed this read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice way forward. Good job ashwin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job .. ashwin .. :) @rat .. have posted the somewhat english version of that poem .. Hoping you will like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha.. Good job Ashwin.. Good one Rat!! I have tagged you here for a BlogAdda's contest. Hope you will accept it.

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha Aswin! sucha great job! i was really laughing after reading this! Meera...this is an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahah! Good story! I enjoyed reading this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...