3 Aug 2013

Happy Birthday, A Rat's Nibble..!


Last year this day, I was trying to scribble my first post after some big time talking to my friends that 'I want a blog too'. Once decided, I dint take much time to name my space cos it is exactly ‘who am I?’ whereas I spent almost a week to know what kinda nibbles this blog is going to display cos I had to question myself 'what am I gonna write?'... Thinking too much isn't my way. If I start to think more, well, that means I surely will doze off... and that’s why I decided to showcase my nibbles (whatever it is..) with no big thinking but a personal scribbling... Ahem.. that's how A Rat’s Nibble was born on this auspicious day.

You know, seriously I did wonder how am I gonna pen down my random and disjointed thoughts flying above my head, that too with some interesting touch to make people read without pushing them into boredom. Hmm, one tough job and I am still trying hard to find my own niche in this beautiful world. To be frank, when I created this nibbling burrow, I did this only to escape from my mood swings. I wasn't serious about blogging then cos I dint even have a topic to write about. Until one day I explored some of the nicest blog communities, where I registered and then least aware that I will meet so many wonderful people here. It’s so cool and am overwhelmed with your support and interest. Cos never in my wildest fantasy I dreamt to have such many people to read my writings. Ah, never mind, I haven’t even dreamt that I can write something readable apart from my subjects. Now after all this hahoo, you have no idea how excited I get every time I read a new comment or to know that someone has liked one of my posts. 'Hiya...!' It is only me jumping in joy in the bottom left corner and welcoming you.

It was like yesterday but days passed that quickly.. so my blog grows up making me a one year old scribbler. Thanks to each and every one of you who motivated me by reading and commenting... and not to forget those who pushed me in a situation to discover the other side of myself. Without you all, I know I couldn't have grown up to walk and came this far.


I have written  quite a few posts this whole year where each and every one of it is my favorite. But the top 5 most nibbled scribbles are...

Life of Pi
Sshh.. Secret
My Bucket List
My Umrah Journal - Madinah
I Write...

Even though I am fully aware that I am still a novice blogger and have tons to learn, by God’s grace I managed to find the answer to my own question which I raised in my very first post - ‘Can I write...?' Well, it took me a year and I can’t wait to see what the coming years of blogging holds for me. Fingers crossed...! *murmuring prayers*

On this fine occasion, here is one of my rare Eureka moments with the halo glowing behind my head, I come up with yet another harebrained idea to host a birthday party in my little burrow, where I invite you all my lovely and talented blog buddies to walk in and have so much fun playing around. Being a writer/blogger oneself what more is fun than showing our creativity, huh? So... the party is all about writing... the first get together in my burrow hosting the theme game 'nibbling promptly'.  If you are in, raise your hands and wait for the D-day this month for the prompt and do try to make the party a cool and fun one, and of course crowded. :P


Venue – A Rat’s Nibble
Date – Wait... why hurry? I will tell you... ;-)
Theme – Nibbling.. er.. Writing, what else? :D
Prompt - Hmm... I am still deciding...! B-)
Rules – Umm... *flipping through my rule book*  o_O
Prize - Cheese..! for the 'Super Nibbler'  *yum.. am drooling* :P

Come forward to have a bite and let’s play with the words. Being my blog's birthday what more reason I need to celebrate? So keep your clock ticking and get ready to nibble with a Rat this month J

Happy Birthday, A Rat’s Nibble. May you live long and find more reason to party...! J

Au Révoir!



PS - The creative writing contest detail is out.. check this post.  Nibble Promptly! Have fun :)

66 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Eli :) ... I am in....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...well written :)
    btw, Happy Birthday, A Rat's Nibble ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much birthday boy.. hope you had a crazy fun filled day :)
      btw, you dont have to ask me to count you in, cos you're one of those few i'll drag in to the party ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday.. :-)
    All Good Wishes to you.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the wishes, Harsha :)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday ans the first birthdays are very very special ones. I will celebrate my first b'day in blogging and have to learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whatever we achieve, there's always something left to learn.. thank you Kalpana. keep visiting :)

      Delete
  5. heyaa... happie bdae 'ratnibbles'

    count me inn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Arish.. and now i am happy that you're already in :) :)

      Delete
  6. Whish a your blog a vey happy first b'day...
    Wish u a lot of success for future..

    Happy weekend..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear.. stay in touch :)

      Delete
  7. Wish "A rat" lots and lots and lots of more nibbles!!!! Kudos dear...keep rocking!

    And Please notice my two raised hands ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. wow i am delighted with your comment.. thanks a lot sfurti.. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thanks Rajkumar.. happy you dropped your comment today. and official welcome to my blog :)

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday to You Bloggie...Happy Birthday to You....! Congratulations Meera! Your baby just turned one! :D My blog will turn one soon too :) Lots of love to both Meera the rat and 'A rat's nibble' the blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese for me? OMG! I am already drooling! O_o

      Delete
    2. thanks a lot Bush.. xoxo :)

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday .. rat nibble :) ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot Ankur.. where are your raised hands :/

      Delete
    2. Placement time So can't give that much time now .. :(

      Delete
    3. hmm.. all the very best to you :)

      Delete
  11. Hey ratty, you are my fav. Really, your posts are so engaging and fresh and diverse....By the way, i liked your 'ssh secret' very much. But that short story you had written na on that day about those two dead people who were in love, that made me think that 'Oh god, this rat is better than i thought'. (i was in awe).
    And you are improving. Even in this post, i can see that, as a writer, you have become so much more commanding and absorbing.
    A very happy birthday. I wish you many more birthdays.
    As for the party, I am just one 'drain pipe' away. You know where to find me ^_^

    PS- You didn't put that dish i had told you to put. I came last night but was disappointed :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much ratty.. i am so thrilled to read your comment and about your opinion. it was really a delight.. and hey i poured you that day itself. must be some other sneaking rats had eaten it before you wake up :/ and now again specially for you fellow ratty.. dont miss this time... enjoy the delight.. swoosh!! :D

      Delete
    2. Awie, some other sneaking rat ate my slice. :(

      Delete
    3. :( chase other the rats away and grab your slice. :P

      Delete
  12. Wish you a very happy birthday ... i love to come and read your blogs.. I am little ashamed to admit that i don't leave comments but that is because of my laziness ... God bless you girl !! Cheers to one of fav bloggies Meera !!

    Let there be many many more to come !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey its totally a surprise comment from you, Sangeetha.. thank you so much.. keep visiting.. and keep commenting. and i'd be delighted if you try to join my party. ;)

      Delete
    2. See I came back again ... It's true Meera i love reading your blogs and I make a solemn promise to leave comments .. :D

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday!!! Keep Blogging....................

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey meera,
    I'm extremely happy that i can comment now, on this post.I remember your earlier posts and i used to comment on them here or on Indiblogger..hehe...Great to see that depth and maturity of your posts...I almost stopped blogging after that time, and just recently came back, and your posts have that breath of a fresh air..really :)
    I sincerely wish i can comment on your blog for your blog's next bday :)
    Syd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back then and now again its always good to see you in my blog.. thank you so much for being there encouraging me with your comments.. looking forward to the daddy's musings..keep writing :)

      Delete
  15. hey meerz, i still remember d day u were telling me about this whole blog stuff.... now look at u.... only a year passed... your a lovely writer already.... im so proud of u dear :)...and btw sorry for wishing u late... hope u wont create a scene for this :P... good luck keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even though you dint know much about blogging, you motivated me to write in my earlier days. thank you so much for your encouraging words and following my blog till now. :)

      Delete
  16. Happy Birthday A Rat's Nibble! Keep writing and may your muse be always with you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Vashti for your wishes.. and indeed i am looking forward your participation in my lil game too :)

      Delete
  17. Lets do this ... i am in ... hands up !! A very happy Birthday to you little nibbling space called ratnibbles ... i remember reading your first post and it instantly connect me to your blog and ended up being a regular ! well i admire you writing its a voice of the novice lolzz .. but seriously hoping for more scribbles i mean write ups from you .. i hope this motivates you .. hehe !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks for this lovely comment. of course each n every comment matters a lot and indeed a booster to me, Aziz. keep visiting more often. :)

      Delete
  18. Congrats Meera :) U've a wonderful space out here and a long way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the wishes, Jahid :)

      Delete
  19. Happy Birthday :) good wishes from my side too Meera :) keep writing and keep rocking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot Saurabh. looking forward to see you in my party.. :P

      Delete
  20. Happiee b'day Rat'sNibble...
    that's really nice to read this
    & yaa count me in :) no doubt in dat :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey thanks Anju. :) wait for the day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. so we share blogoversaries!!! yay!! happy birthday bloggie and wish u many many more in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks so much Titli.. yep we share our blog's bday this month.. :)

      Delete
  23. Happy birthday sweet little rat!:) And I'd love to know what blogging groups you belong too. I think I'm stuck in a lot of ones that aren't leading me anywhere...could you email me? Or FB message? We are "friends" aren't we??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra.. of course we are friends, right? ;)
      well, i am also in few groups and i' glad to be one among them. sure will let you know about the communities I am in.. will mail you :)

      Delete
  24. I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award! It is for up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. Follow this link to my blog to see the details of the award. http://preciousglories.blogspot.in/p/blog-page_8.html .Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your Liebster moment and am glad you thought of me to share it with.. thank you so much Arish :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Replies
    1. thank you Kelly.. do check out for more details in my contest post. keep visiting :)

      Delete
  27. Hey Rat ! I have just peeped in the right time i belive Happy Birthday rat , ur blog has shaped out so nicely , keep it up :) tc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to see you after quite some time. thank you for the wishes, shailaja :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...