11 Feb 2013

And The Award Goes To…


Halt - This is a bit lengthy post… My award speech… So have sometime to read it fully... And many thanks for going to continue with patience.  J

I took a week long vacation from writing and so didn’t scribble anything new in my dear blog but only returned back to find out that I have been nominated for not one, not two but THREE Liebster Blog Awards. My humble thanks to my blog friends Akash Govind, Saro and Anjan Roy for this nomination. And my heartfelt Congratulations to them too.

The Liebster Blog Award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. ‘Liebster’ is a German word means ‘favorite’. So that means this is awarded to the nominator’s ‘favorite blog’. And this award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word, which also to encourage and support one another.


It was like a dream… ‘Am I getting my Liebster? That too 3 nominations in a row. How cool…!’ I thought when I saw their messages… as they honored me by choosing this little nibbling blog as their favorite. Wow… It's nice and encouraging when we get to know that there are people actually read and appreciate our writing and that too with an award. Yeah, you know, getting awards usually encourage and motivate people to bring out their best in what ever profession they are.

I’ve never been a writer in my life before this blog happened, but have always been interested in trying to do it on my own terms. Whether I’m any good at it is debatable but I will say, I most definitely enjoying the process. When I started this rat’s nibble, I didn’t even know if I am able to write some readable posts. Now I am happy that I made friends here and I too did impress few with my writings and also managed to get this favorite badge for my blog. Cool Nah... J

But this award doesn’t come with a gold statuette or like the black beauty in this Oscar season. What it does come with is a questionnaire to answer, i.e. for me it is supposed to be 33 different questions set by my 3 nominators which I must now answer to snatch my own favorite badge.

The rules for this award state that you answer the 11 questions asked to you by the blogger who nominated you. Since three nominations, 33 questions been posed in front of me… But I learnt I have the liberty to pick any 11 questions from the whole set. I had a good time answering them and also had fun preparing my own set of questions to my nominees.  Visit my ‘favorites’ and the great writers I felt cool and deserving…

Ok here is the scoop on the Liebster rules (I wonder why it’s not added in wiki yet…)

* Post 11 things about yourself. Well like an introduction… ok here my random I Me Myself.

I AM…

1.        Meera, named after my great grandmother.
2.       Also a Rat…  Yeah, my brothers call me 'little rat' at home… hence becomes my nick here to blog.
3.       A September born - Virgo woman.
4.       A movie buff and a chocolate cake craver.
5.       A wavering minded person who takes more time to make a decision. And if I have to dislike a thing about me, it is this.
6.       An avid lexulous and scrabble player.
7.       Having a driving license but it’s been years I drove my car.
8.       Least interested in getting surprises. But indeed I am very much delighted with these 3 liebster surprise package.
9.       Interested in books but not an avid reader cos of my frequent reading block.
10.     Quite secretive, bit reserved but a friendly person.
11.      A sensible but quite a sensitive Tamil speaking Muslim.

* Answer 11 questions… Mixed set of questions from my 3 nominators.

1. Does art imitate life or life imitates art?
Art imitates life.

2. What do you really dislike about other people's blogs?
So far I like many blogs and keeping in track of it… but in my early days of blogging, I remember I happened to visit a blog randomly that had a post talking abuse things about another religion and its people. Even though it represents our freedom of speech, we shouldn’t be misusing it and hurt others beliefs and ideals… I think we should have some courtesy and deal with diplomacy unless otherwise it’s a social problem.

3. Will you want to spend all your life with someone who likes to be with you but doesn’t love you or someone who loves you but for some reasons ignores you?
I prefer that someone who likes to be with me… cos I don’t like to be ignored.

4. Have you watched any Rajinikanth movie? If so, which one?
Being a pakka tamil ponnu… I indeed grew up watching super star’s movies. Many movies I’ve seen and the recent watch was an old but my all time favorite - his comedy film – Thillu Mullu.

5. The person you miss at this moment.
My two grandfathers… who passed away 3 years back in a month’s difference. And it is their 3rd anniversary month. Well, I miss them a lot.

6. Which thing do you look for in a date, if at all you have had one before or in the future?
  (Money/ Profession/ Physical appearance/ any other)
If I am supposed to date, then I must feel the love more than anything.

7. Favorite hangout place to spend time with your friends.
Mostly I prefer for the friends get together at our homes. But recently I like to hangout in Skywalk, Chennai.

8. What's more important- earning money or spending it?
Spending money is more important. Cos we should act frugally while spending our hard earned money.

9. If you were given the option of naming a star, what would you name it?
Hira.
           
10. If given a chance to go back into your past…Name one thing you would change in your life.
I don’t wanna change anything cos even the mistakes I have made are meant to happen and helped me learn something in the course of life.

11. Name one characteristics of a person which will enable you to judge him/her (in terms of good or bad)?
I don’t usually judge people cos no one can be categorized as black or white. All have their grey shades.

Done with my answering part… J

* My set of 11 questions to my nominees.

1. What is the best word to describe you?
2. Tell me your wildest fantasy.
3. What scares you the most?
4. What is your greatest achievement so far and why do you think it is so?
5. What you think could be the best way to eliminate poverty?
6. You are stranded in a life boat with Richard Parker. Do you think that Bengal Tiger would not eat you?
7. What is the best trick you think you have done to impress your crush but turned the other way?
8. Which movie’s climax you didn’t like and wanted to change and how?
9. What is your favorite example of architecture style?
10. Do you feel superior to your opposite gender? If yes, in what way? If no, why not?
11. What's your true and honest opinion about A Rat’s Nibble?

* And the Nominees are… 


You guys rock :P

In fact, many blogs inspired me. But I like to specially mention Valli’s Poetry My Feelings. With her beautiful lines and soulful poems, if not she exceeded her member’s list. I’d have chosen her for my liebster nominees…

* Whoa. I am almost done… Now the only thing is I have to drop my word in their respective blogs and make them come back here to collect their award…

Wait…  Yellow Signal…  Don’t go anywhere… I will be back in a jiffy ;-)

Cool… I am done with it too…

Once again… Thanks Akash. Thanks Saro… Thanks Anjan… for seeing this Rat's Nibble as your favorite blog. And many wishes...!

Now let me copy paste the badge… I can’t wait to flaunt my blog with my Liebster…

Get set... Ready... Go...   Party Time… J

26 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    This is so lovely. Heartiest congratulations on making a hat-trick with the Liebster, just goes to show the quality of your articles and the amount of love people have for your blog. Keep up the good work. :) :) :)


    Thank you very much for the humble gesture shown by you, I'm glad to know that you consider my blog good enough and worthy for the Liebster.
    Thank you once again. :)

    Regards

    Jay
    My Blog | My Entry to Indiblogger Get Published

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. And wishes for you too..

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Rat. Thank you for the award. *bows* I love awards!!

    My answers to your questions:

    1. What is the best word to describe you?
    Ans: Bibliophile

    2. Tell me your wildest fantasy.
    Ans: Haha, that is a R-Rate stuff. Better not reveal it ;)

    3. What scares you the most?
    Ans: Mirror

    4. What is your greatest achievement so far and why do you think it is so?
    Ans: That's a long story about I how I battled declining health and depression. That I reckon is something which has made me stronger.

    5. What you think could be the best way to eliminate poverty?
    Answer: I'm not the best person to answer that.

    6. You are stranded in a life boat with Richard Parker. Do you think that Bengal Tiger would not eat you?
    Ans: If he's a gentleman, he wouldn't do such a sin. But can't say about today's men ;)

    7. What is the best trick you think you have done to impress your crush but turned the other way?
    Ans: I gave her 99 missed calls one night.

    8. Which movie’s climax you didn’t like and wanted to change and how?
    Ans: Deathly Hallows. That you-jump-I-jump cliff scene spoiled the whole effect.

    9. What is your favorite example of architecture style?
    Ans: Again, don't ask me questions out of the syllabus. M not knowledgeable about these things.

    10. Do you feel superior to your opposite gender? If yes, in what way? If no, why not?
    Ans: I'm a boy and a girl rolled into one. So, I don't have anything against any gender :)

    11. What's your true and honest opinion about A Rat’s Nibble?
    Ans: A Rat's Nibble is a lovely mix of so many things. The best thing is that the words have that vivacity of a girl who is more like a child. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you are so fast in acknowledging the award. i like that sprit :-)

      and i was laughing at that 99 missed calls...

      Wishes for your multiple nominations, Rats.

      Delete
  3. Congrats !!!! A very well deserved award and nice to know so many things about you ... Thanks you verrrrrrrry much ! You just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomato. and you deserve it very well. Keep up your good work. My Best Wishes. :-)

      Delete
  4. Congrats for making a hat trick...may much more accolades follow you soon...you deserve every bit of it...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much delighted to find out my blog is one among your favorites.. a real surprise indeed. :-) Thanks Anjan.

      Delete
  5. Congrats!!
    And thanks a ton for the lovely award..I am truly honored.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks and my best wishes Neenu. Congrats :-)

      Delete
  6. Congrats Meera!!! if you ask me of all the people you so deserve a Liebster

    Thanks for Nomination me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aparna.. Congrats you too.. such a cool and deserving blogger.. :-)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations for the award dear! :)
    and good to know about you :)

    Thanks for mentioning my blog :) So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True i like your blog very much. Thanks Valli.

      Delete
  8. You are welcome Meera! CONGRATS! keep blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks Akash.. Cheerz.. keep up ur cool work.. :-)

      Delete
  9. Hey thanks a lot Rat for the liebster ... I am extremely thrilled ... I am a lot busy now a days so found you msg today ... I will definitely put a reply as soon as I find time :) thanks again..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amit. no problem. take your time. you deserve every bit of it. Keep writing more stories.. :-) Congrats!

      Delete
  10. Congrats Meera. You, for sure, deserve this award. And thanks for nominating me. A lazy fellow, I must prove myself worthy of your selection. Will try my best. Wishing you to get many more laurels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir. And congrats on your multiple nominations.. looking forward to your liebster post. :-)

      Delete
  11. whoaa!! awesome. whatayy day.came back from office and checked my blog after ages and saw this honor.thankew so much for considering me as one of your favorite blogger ratty :) will be answering these questions soon :)and thankewww once again :)loved it.and PS: its no more anonymous nerd when your blog has my name :D lol just kidding :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashish, welcome to my blog.. No more anonymous nerd.. haha.. finally you attended my call. lol. ;-) you impressed me with your teenage musings :-) sure am looking forward to your answers.. Congrats, once again!
      Keep up your cool work.. and keep on visiting to my space :-)

      Have a great weekend..!

      Delete
  12. thankew once again :) most of my posts are when I am night high :D have a great weekend !! \m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea.. and I got that from your nocturnal's diary :p

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...